Monday, October 4, 2010

Today I Learned...

That instead of tossing and turning for a what seems like a million hours (usually just half an hour) in bed while being wide awake, getting up and doing something is much more useful. It sure beats trying to force yourself to sleep. And eventually, you'll just get tired and get right to sleep. A psychiatrist once told me that the cure for not being able to fall asleep is to do something that makes you stop thinking about how much you want to sleep (like read a book). Don't make insomnia your enemy; use that energy wisely. Sleep will eventually show up.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A good reminder for me! I've had trouble sleeping all week. I like to read in the middle of the night, but a big no no for me is watching tv.

bintbattuta said...

I find watching tv to be the best thing to bring on no-sleep. Hope you're sleeping better! Thanks for coming around :)

Noura said...

I sleep whenever I need to sleep

Noura said...

Thanks for sharing ^_^