Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Day 55: Fruit? Vegetable?

August 30























I encountered this interesting looking tomato today. I adore tomatoes. I probably eat one every single day, and have done so for as long as I can remember. Sometimes more than one a day, but don't tell anyone. My day is not complete without enjoying the succulent taste of these fleshy, juicy, sweet, salty, fruit/vegetable round items.

Lets explore my relationship with food for a second. Please. Bear with me.
When I was younger, I used to want to be a food taster. Seriously. A part of me still wants to be just that. When I sit down to eat, I like to enjoy every bite, every flavour, every mouthful. And I've developed the ability to decipher which spices are used in each dish. I'm not a picky eater, so I'll generally give everything a try. I've also developed the ability to properly chew my food. What is it with people now? Everyone is too busy, too hurried, always in a rush to be able to thoroughly enjoy every meal, let alone properly chew their food. I think discovering food is a very important part of discovering new cultures, and I plan on eating something new everywhere I go. To me, Egyptian food is the food I grew up with at home. With a little bit of Palestinian, Lebanese, Italian, and Chinese thrown in for good measure.

I encourage you to take a moment and discover your relationship with food.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

best post yest. TOMATOES <3