Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Pictures! Bali

I finally have pictures for you :)

Here are my 2 favorite moments in Bali.

1. So I learned to surf. The waves at Kuta beach totally kicked my butt, but it was one of my best times on this trip so far. Needless to say, I acquired many injuries, and was sore for a few days afterwards.


Tips for learning to surf:
- When the instructor says UP, you need to get right up on your feet in half a second, from lying down flat on your surfboard. While you're on a wave of course. Serious upper body strength.
- Do not eat right before surfing. Trust me, you'll feel sick to your stomach for the rest of the day.
- Make sure you understand how the waves work, because otherwise, you're gonna have your board smash right onto your head (speaking from experience).
- Just keep at it! And have fun :)


2. Watching the sunrise from the top of Mt Batur, the 2nd highest volcano in Bali. Started climbing at 3:30am, got to the peak at 5:30am (almost 2000 meters), just in time to see this beautiful scene. You can even still see a star or two :) It was magical to say the least.


I just got to Malaysia yesterday, and taking it all in!

2 comments:

QZ said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!! im soooooooooo excited for you that you are in Malaysia! I hope we can talk about it one day because i absolutely loved it when i visited. =)
surfing looks amazing, aching body amazing! lol.
Bali , mt Batur....mashaaAllah, take it all in!

remember me in your prayers when you are witnesses God's creations.

missing you!

love,
Quds

bintbattuta said...

Quds! you gonna be in canada for ramadan by any chance? i wanna seeeee you! so we can talk all about malaysia! any recommendations on things to do?

keep me in your duas :)