I finally have pictures for you :)
Here are my 2 favorite moments in Bali.
1. So I learned to surf. The waves at Kuta beach totally kicked my butt, but it was one of my best times on this trip so far. Needless to say, I acquired many injuries, and was sore for a few days afterwards.
Tips for learning to surf:
- When the instructor says UP, you need to get right up on your feet in half a second, from lying down flat on your surfboard. While you're on a wave of course. Serious upper body strength.
- Do not eat right before surfing. Trust me, you'll feel sick to your stomach for the rest of the day.
- Make sure you understand how the waves work, because otherwise, you're gonna have your board smash right onto your head (speaking from experience).
- Just keep at it! And have fun :)
2. Watching the sunrise from the top of Mt Batur, the 2nd highest volcano in Bali. Started climbing at 3:30am, got to the peak at 5:30am (almost 2000 meters), just in time to see this beautiful scene. You can even still see a star or two :) It was magical to say the least.
I just got to Malaysia yesterday, and taking it all in!