Monday, February 7, 2011

Balance

Ok. So have you ever felt like you life is completely whacked out? I've been feeling unbalanced lately. Something is just completely off these days. And it's leading to some serious focusing problems, where I can barely keep a thought in my head long enough to even know what I'm thinking about. It literally feels like I'm walking a tightrope and I keep slipping and forgetting to just put one foot in front of the other. D'you know wha I'm talkin about?

Ok. So maybe it's because I've been cooped up in Cairo for the last month and I'm gonna be here for the next month before I start traveling again. First I was just taking a breather between travels, but then the whole political revolution (YAY) is now happening here and traveling in and out of my house has become difficult, let alone trying to travel in and out of the country. Anything can happen right now and if I do somehow manage to travel out, then there might be problems coming back in...

Ok. So maybe something else is going on. I just started reading this book, Getting Things Done, by David Allen, it's supposed to be really good. And right off the bat in the first chapter he says that whenever there are unfinished things in your life, they keep pulling at your attention, and your subconscious mind keeps thinking about them in the back of your head, making you unfocused in the rest of your life. Does that make any sense? It kind of hit a note with me. I'm just not sure what kind of unfinished business I have going on. Maybe it's an unfinished conversation, or maybe it's a relationship I'm trying to figure out, or maybe it's just all in my head. I need to get out of my head and do a complete life assessment. Sounds easy enough...Right?

No comments: